Child Dental Benefits Schedule
We are happy to say that NT Dental is providing services under the The Child Dental Benefits Schedule (CDBS), a scheme run by Medicare that provides up to $1,000 over 2 calendar years towards the cost of dental treatment for eligible children.
Who is eligible?
The CDBS is for children aged 2 to 17 who are eligible for Medicare and who also receive at least one of the following benefits:
- Family Tax Benefit Part A
- Carer Payment
- Disability Support Pension
- Parenting Payment
- Special Benefit
- Youth Allowance
- help under the Veterans’ Children Education Scheme (VCES) if the child is 16 years or older
- help under the Military Rehabilitation and Compensation Act Education and Training Scheme if the child is 16 or older
Terms & Conditions
- You child must be eligible under the CDBS. Click here to check whether your child is eligible.
- If your child is eligible, the CDBS will cover dental services including examinations, routine cleaning, repairing cracked teeth, fillings and root canals. It doesn’t cover orthodontic treatment (such as braces to straighten crooked teeth), any dental work that needs to be done in hospital, or cosmetic dental procedures (such as replacing missing teeth) or mouth guards.